Why would anyone need a freelance, or for-hire, editoror even editorial services at all? Because, at one time or another (especially in the technology-centered world we now live in), most of us will likely need help getting words and information ready for publicationyes: publication!
Just think about all the “publishing” you do: building profiles and posting information on social media sites; creating blog entries of your own or adding comments to the posts of others; writing e-mail messages; sharing stories and jokesand many of us still write everyday letters and memos and instructions. These days, not all publishers are trained authors or professional writersbut you don’t need to be.
the-freelance-editor can be your freelanceand professionaland experienced researcher / ghostwriter / editor / proofreader whether you need temporary help, occasional assistance, or long-term commitment. Yes, if you have a writing-related obstacle or challenge, I am ready to help you.
Still not convinced that you need a freelance editor? If you’re still debating, try answering some of these questions:
- Do you need help thinking through, outlining, or organizing a letter, a report, an article, a grant, a procedure, or a manuscript?
- Do you need editorial assistance and guidance, an objective reviewer, or just an open ear as you develop your writing project?
- Do you need direction with the “work” of writing: planning and scheduling your project; categorizing, filing, and retrieving information; creating a table of contents, an index, or a reference list?
- Do you need plain old writing assistance or editorial guidance in such areas as word choice, punctuation, grammar, and readability—the elements you want to be “perfect” for your readers (or the editors at a publishing house)?
- Do you need direction in refining your manuscript to help it appear more polished and professional, or, if you are self-publishing, do you need help with instructional design and proofreading?
If you answered “yes” to (or hesitated on) any of these questions, you might need the-freelance-editor. If you don’t think you need me now, keep my information handyYou just never know when the time might come . . .
Since you’re still not convinced . . .
- Specifically, what do you do?
- My specialties:
If you still have questions or concerns after exploring our site
or if you’re ready to see about getting your complimentary sample edit
and an estimated rate and schedule, contact me today.